Professing * Reflecting

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Bends

I am giddy and exhausted from my week of adventure. I am also wondering how I set up my life so that I habitually shift from one extreme, for example, sitting oh so alone writing in a garret for nearly a month with very little social interaction, to another, for example, bouncing around from seashore to rock-and-roll circus in a social whirlwind of all play and not one thought of work as if I were a young, carefree heiress of some sort. Dizzying, delightful, but not psychologically healthy, right? A proper balance is the thing, true? Or is it a perfectly fine lifestyle that I have been taught to think is wrong for x and y reasons?

Whatever the case, I do feel a bit like I need to reacquaint myself with myself, after being in the company of so many others for so many days. I had a relaxing time at the beach with Paloma and My Two Dads and a slightly wilder one-part rockstar, two-parts romantic adventure with More Fun, who continues to live up to his name.

Too tired to write anything more substantial at the moment, so I will leave you with a brief list of Things I Learned on My Summer Vacation:

--Medusa + four giant martinis = "Very mean and totally adorable." Who knew?

--Steven Tyler wears garden clogs. I kid you not.

--Greenheads are evil fuckers.

--Homemade coconut ice cream is the bomb.

--I am somehow not getting too old for this.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home