Professing * Reflecting

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lovely afternoon


Had an unexpected lunch date with Downeast BFF (best friend now living in the Northern Country), Northern Baby (her daughter), Cool Mom (her mom), and my Longtime Ex Turned Friend.

It was a glorious afternoon--sunny, warm, just perfect. We sat and ate and chatted at a neighborhood outdoor cafe. That's Northern Baby, hiding from the paparazzi behind Longtime Ex's hat.

Good to see everyone and all-in-all a lovely surprise. Just slightly below the surface, though, is a persistent anxiety that was with me today and last week and really I guess since my trip to the Deep Red. I cannot quite put my finger on it. Unsettling. Something deep.

It is still so gorgeous outside. I should be sitting here planning my class but instead I am going to attempt my first run after my week of dining and drinking like a carefree heiress. Prior to my little holiday I was running every day, between 2 and 3 miles a day. How far do you think I will make it today?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home