Professing * Reflecting

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Actually it is the first song on my iPod

Your Theme Song is Back in Black by AC/DC

"Back in black, I hit the sack,
I've been too long, I'm glad to be back"

Things sometimes get really crazy for you, and sometimes you have to get away from all the chaos.
But each time you stage your comeback, it's even better than the last!



Feel lame posting blogthings but am feeling a bit stunned at being back and a bit ailing after my brush with death by elliptical. (Yes, I exaggerate.) I already feel ready to drown in prep, when in reality it's not at all that much. I need to read a few articles and make some lecture and discussion notes for the new upper-level class, but that's not a big deal. I am not reading for the other near-and-dear-to-my-heart lower-level class, because I have taught it a few times and only need to review my lecture notes. By the grace of the academic gods, I am only teaching two this semester. Two! Life is good then, right? No need to feel overwhelmed, right? But then there are two rec letters for colleagues that have to be written by Friday and my own research and and . . .I would do so much better as a member of the landed gentry. Do we still have landed gentry?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home