Professing * Reflecting

Friday, October 26, 2007

Poetry Friday, Brautigan yet again

The Pumpkin Tide

I saw thousands of pumpkins last night
come floating in on the tide,
bumping up against the rocks and
rolling up on the beaches;
it must be Halloween in the sea.


More Brautigan for Halloween! I think Brautigan month might be turning into Brautigan quarter or Brautigan Autumn or something.

It's a beautiful fall day here and I am feeling energetic. I have managed a feat of sheer genius by clearing a space in my teaching and meeting schedule to finish up two research projects that must must must be done by mid-November. My students will be enjoying a two-day Halloween break (to be worked into all of my future Fall schedules if and when I get tenure) and I will be busily churning this stuff out. Send me some good work vibes.

Labels: ,

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home