Professing * Reflecting

Monday, January 21, 2008

This week's wardrobe inspired by . . .

I am feeling a little fashion schizophrenic this week. I might go uptown and simple . . .



. . .or I might stick with what has become The Uniform for me this season--this basic silhouette and some funky splashes of color (tights or shoes or gloves) on a more neutral backdrop.



I suspect I will do both.

It occurs to me that the real underlying influence for The Uniform is my first important role model:



Dear dear Pippi, my childhood hero. I read every one of the Astrid Lindgren books over and over again. I saw the movies in the theaters and didn't even notice the insanely bad dubbing. I went as Pippi three Halloweens in a row. I named my first dog after her. And now apparently I dress like her.



I think I'm cool with that.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home