Professing * Reflecting

Saturday, July 12, 2008

A long overdue this week's wardrobe inspired by . . .

I feel like my wardrobe choices during the summer are less than inspired. There are a few reasons for this: a) If I am not teaching or showing up to a place every day, I tend not to make as much of an effort; b) It's hot, dudes; and c) My money is being spent on travel and dinners out and summery cocktails and not on clothes that I can only wear a maximum of three months out of the year.

As I result, I tend to wear little dresses and flip-flops every day. A variation on this theme is a little dress and slouchy suede boots. Another variation is jeans and a top at night, sometimes with heels, though I am still looking for the perfect high-heeled sandal.

Because I am the superficial gorgon that I am, I start to feel out of sorts when I fall into this summer style rut, so I shall try to spice it up a bit with more varied and interesting silhouettes and a no flip-flop rule, in the evenings at the very least. This will of course require that I find the perfect beautiful yet walkable sandal, but I think not much more of an investment than that. Oh. And fabulous hair, which is ever in the works.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home