Professing * Reflecting

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Early Trevor?


youngtrevor
Originally uploaded by dr. medusa.
Thanks to Bitch Ph.D. and Profgrrrl I have become slightly obsessed with Magical Trevor.

This is a doll that I inherited from my grandfather. He always had it on his dresser, and I loved it as a child. I now keep it on my vanity.

Lately I have noticed--maybe because I could be losing my mind--just how much he looks like our Trevor. Isn't the facial expression EXACTLY the same? What about the robes and the hat? I think you will agree that the resemblance is uncanny.

Just how old is this doll? Just how long has Trevor been around? Just how deep in our cultural psyche is Trevor embedded? Why does the song stick in our heads? Why do we watch the cartoon over and over and over and over again? I think the mystery of Magical Trevor goes much, much deeper than we have acknowledged.

Why does everyone love Magical Trevor? I think all of blogworld should drop everything immediately and get on this question.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home