Professing * Reflecting

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lonely lonely attic

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. It ended last night with a lovely little dinner in a charming little restuarant in a cool little part of town. After all of the celebratory activity and since Dr. Crazy's departure back to hometown city earlier today, things are mighty quiet and lonely around here.

But it is high time that I got to work, so some quiet and alone time are in order. Must somehow now gear up to a high level of productivity in order to finish overdue revisions on one article and to write another, not quite from scratch but close enough. Think I might start with a serious list-making session tonight.

I am just feeling so weird about so many parts of my life right now--my past, my work, my relationship with my family, my social life, my love life. The family visit, the breakup, the birthday have all contributed to this, but I think it's going to take some time to work through it all. I am hoping that I will be able to focus on my work. Actually, I am hoping the heavy work load will somehow help me to work through the weird feelings.

Okay, must drag myself out for a run to work off the alarming number of South Beach Phase Four calories (every single one of which was totally worth it) consumed in the past five days.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home