Professing * Reflecting

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

'Twas the day after Christmas

And every last one of these packages is opened. . .



And all creatures are happy indeed with their gifts . . .


The wild consuming did not stop with the gifts. Every cookie was eaten and every stomach is full . . .



Except perhaps for the honorable and bottomless belly of the Insatiable Shih Tzu. . .




I am tired and for the most part happy. There has been some (inevitable) family drama. Mama Bear is not at all happy here in the Deep Red, and it shows in a myriad of ways. What can I do? I do not know, and I desperately need some relaxation and recuperation time. I will be here for another ten days. I am hoping we can both chill and enjoy one another's company.

This morning I have to get to my sister's house and pick up the nieces, who want to . . .?!?!?!?!?! . . .go shopping. Eh hem. Look at the first photo. Look under the tree. Just to the right of Bedhead Boy gazing upon his loot. Look at it! The bounty!

"But Auntie Medusa, we have gift cards! Gift cards to spend!! GIFT CARDS WITH REAL MONEY ON THEM! GIFT CARDS BURNING HOLES IN OUR POCKETS! Do you not understand?!?!" Actually I do. Because there might maybe possibly be just a few things I need to pick up for myself. . .

[Updated to add, 10:30 p.m.: I was very good. I picked up this and these on sale. I also avoided (for now) the wild call of the Wallabee, a hideous shoe that I loved in high school and that now compels me greatly for unknown reasons. I covet them. Why? Why? Where is The Manolo when I need him?]

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home