Professing * Reflecting

Friday, April 06, 2007

Poetry Friday, Christina Davis

The Primer

She said, I love you.

He said, Nothing.

(As if there were just one
of each word and the one
who used it, used it up).

In the history of language
the first obscenity was silence.

--Christina Davis

Hmmm. . .I think I am feeling happy and light--tired, but happy and light--on this bright Spring day. Why this poem, then? Maybe because in the midst of all this enormous possibility I am feeling, in spite of this sense of being on the cusp of something--of everything--very very good, there is a small and deep sadness that is about letting go. Ex Turned Friend is leaving. I loved him. I love him. I am going to miss him. Then again, I have been missing him for a long time.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home