Professing * Reflecting

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Quite true

As seen at New Kid's and Luckybuzz's

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
 

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
 
The South
 
The Inland North
 
Boston
 
The Northeast
 
North Central
 
Philadelphia
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


I am accentless, but I am not from Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, or Missouri. I was born across the river from Philly; I did live in Indiana for a short time (and my grandparents lived there all of my life); my parents lived in Missouri, where my sister was born; I spent a chunk of my early childhood in West Virginia, which is close to these places; and I have lived in nearly every single area in the U.S. but "The Midland" since. So, yes, this is also the American gypsy/migrant family accent. Like a good gypsy, I often pick up the accent of the people I am around.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home