Professing * Reflecting

Sunday, August 13, 2006

2/4 meme (from like a hundred years ago)

I am kind of basking in the afterglow of my little getaway with More Fun and kind of having a blogging block, so I will finally do the ancient meme that Clare tagged me to do:

2 moments in your life you'd like to erase:

1. Well, I have thought about this a lot, because I teach a couple of movies about memory. I have to say I would not erase any moment. Like Clare, I also think it's important to live with no regrets. Now, that doesn't mean that I haven't had some intensely painful moments and some seriously embarrassing ones. I would tend to erase the embarrassing ones over the painful ones, but . . .
2. . . .gratefully the short-term memory loss effects of alcohol take care of most of those for me.

4 moments you'd like to relive:

1. Every single second of latest trip to see More Fun in Favorite City
2. The time when I was taking care of my then three-year-old niece while my sister was sick in the hospital, when we found out my sister was going to be okay and my little niece put her hands on both sides of my face, pulled it toward hers so our foreheads were touching, looked straight into my eyes, and smiled
3. The moment I walked into the pub after my dissertation defense and saw that Longtime Ex Turned Friend (then my boyfriend) had set up a little party for me. Really my whole first night of being Dr. Medusa was pretty great.
4. Any moment with Grammie, my father's mother, who died a few years ago

2 places you wouldn't go to/go to again:

1. That town in Mississippi where I totaled my car. What a shithole. Think I later dated a guy who randomly enough was from that town. Mistake.
2. Will never visit Ground Zero

4 places you can't wait to visit/visit again:

For the first time:
1. Amalfi coast
2. Newfoundland

Again and again and again:
3. NYC
4. Mexico City

2 foods you can't stand:

1. Canned vegetables
2. Martini-less olives

4 foods you love:
1. Steamed mussels
2. Any fish, actually
3. Rare steak
4. Bread

2 current songs that make you change the station:

1. "You're beauuuu-tii-fuull" by that annoying pasty little fellow, James Blunt.
2. "S-O-S, please someone help me, get this fuck-ing song out of my he-ye-ye-ye-ad. Y-O-U, are killing me, for real, lalalalalalalala" by Rhianna

4 current songs you play over and over:

1. Have been playing Madonna's "Confessions on a Dancefloor" obsessively since the show
Do not really listen to new stuff on the radio but for whatever reason and even though I do not own or regularly listen to their music, I will turn up anything by:
2. Coldplay
3. Train
4. Again not current but also obsessively playing the $5 copy of Beck's old record, Sea Change, I found in a record shop on my birthday

2 books you'd never finish/read again:
1. I really do not have any desire to reread Philip Roth, even though I believe he is a talented narcissist and a fine writer indeed. I could change my mind.
2. Kafka. Over it.

4 books you have read more than once, and/or will read again:

All of the stuff I teach and write about I read multiple times but other than that:
1. Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy
2. Paradise Lost
3. Geek Love
4. And as a child, when I tended to reread more than I do now, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, Charlotte's Web, Jane-Emily, A Wrinkle in Time, and some book about a rabbit with eyeglasses named George (if anyone remembers this book or the title, please tell me!)

Tag 2 - 4 people.
Anyone who has not, as I seem to be one of the last.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home