Oh the work, it consumes me. As proof of my continued existence, I shall do the ubiquitous music meme. As seen in its ubiquity and TWICE at Dr. Crazy's
(proving she's no ubiquity snob =).
The rules:Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.
1. There was a rapture, so I can never see you anymore.
2. You don't need your name in bright lights.
3. Breaking away to the other side, I want to make sense of why we live and die.
4. In my mother's house, there's a photograph of a day gone past.
5. She found a fifth-wheel trailer and a blueblood cat.
You say you want a revolution.
(The Beatles, "Revolution"
7. G Gb F E D Gmi C7 Bmi . . .
Jesus, don't cry.
(Wilco, "Jesus, etc."
9. Got to get in on the scene, hon?
10. It's going down, Tennessee.
The festival was over and the boys were all planning for a fall.
(Dylan, "Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts"
12. Well, Annie's pretty neat.
13. We came down the rivers and the highways.
14. By the way, you know that hope will make you strange.
Someone and someone were down by the pond looking for something to plant in the lawn.
(Neil Young, "Words"
16. Like a mirror, I'm nothing.
Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while.
(Led Zeppelin, "Gallows Pole"
18. Mary, Mary, where you been?
Hand over hand on the lifeline, luckily the knots stay tight.
(Morphine, "Rope on Fire
Seen the arrow on the doorpost saying this land is condemned all the way from New Orleans to Jerusalem.
(Dylan, "Blind Willie McTell"
21. I told you how I feel but you don't care.
22. Have I a hope or half a chance to even ask if I could dance with you?
23. Driving in the South, the motor's on fire.
I'm walking out in a force ten gale.
25. Turn off that weak jam, man.