Professing * Reflecting

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This week's wardrobe inspired by . . .

I am happy to be back in the season of layers. Each day is basically a question of whether to go with the Swedish street urchin, citified woodland creature, or Parisian fashionaut look, each of which is represented below.

Photobucket

How much do I want the above vest and boots?? Muchly.



I am pretty sure I wore this exact outfit, complete with white sunglasses, in 1992. Still like it.

Photobucket

The silhouette. The touch of dark purple. The shoes.

Photobucket

Every time I wear an outfit like the above I feel like Puck or Robin Hood. That doesn't stop me.

Not represented here (surprisingly) is my current hair inspiration/obsession. My ambition to be as blond as is Medusaly possible remains strong. In fact, given that I spend so much time a) reading Scandinavian fashion blogs, and b) staring at photographs of Kate Lamphear, it's a small miracle that my hair is not completely devoid of color by this point. I consider this platinum drive to be a reverse manifestation of the same psychological phenomenon that led me to dye my hair darker and darker and darker until I achieved the blackest of black just after I defended my dissertation and graduated. In other words, it has something to do with That Which Will Not Be Discussed.

Labels:

|

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer C. Watkins said...

The shoe here is looking so fabulous. It will looked so gorgeous on my outfit with women dresses. I am loving the color of the affordable shoes and dress . And the design is also so stunning and cute. I am also loving the dress and the other accessories , are looking so wonderful. Everyone will prefer them..

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home