Professing * Reflecting

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Run Medusa Run

I have not blogged much about The Boy. He is not really a boy--close to my age, actually--but he is The Boy in My Life At the Moment.

We have been seeing each other for a little over a month and things have been quite fantastic most of the time. Now my "run-for-your-dear-life-you-stupid-fool" impulse is kicking in and I do not know if it's a) standard (for me) commitment phobia; b) neurosis/insecurity; or c) a really solid idea based on good sense and past experience.

The problem with The Boy is that he had been involved with his very close longtime friend for some months before we started seeing each other. He had decided that this arrangement (with her) was not what he wanted, i.e. his feelings for her did not go beyond friendship. She originally agreed that their new more-than-friends arrangement was strange and was not quite right but has since become very upset (especially since finding out about me) and has decided that she may or may not be in love with him.

Do I need this bullshit in my life? Absolutely not. Run, right?? Run as fast as I possibly can?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home